This exceptional building was modelled, both architecturally and spiritually, on Royal Calcutta Golf Club and completed, in approximately its present form, in 1906. It is a permanent reminder of the jute trade links between the Tay and Hooghly rivers.
Standing foursquare behind the practice green, it looks as though it should always have been in situ. Indoors, beech panelling and carved oak fireplaces make for a time-honoured and welcoming retreat to prepare for, or reflect upon a fine round of golf.
Choose between the 19th Hole and Hogan Lounge with their gentleman’s club atmosphere and wealth of tradition where light meals and drinks are served in a more casual atmosphere. More formal dining takes place in the striking Dalhousie Room where traditional dress of Jacket and Tie and complimentary ladies attire are required at all times.
A comfortable visitors’ changing room and showers with unlimited towels complete a home from home. With friendly, efficient staff and good food available throughout the day and evening, the clubhouse is a fine establishment, which complements the challenge of the golf course.